The now thriving educational institution at Adeleke College started with the Springtime Development Foundation (SDF) (RC No. 8109), a non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 1996 by Dr. Adeji Adeleke. . SDF’s vision is to help disadvantaged communities, people and people improve themselves and their environment. Ten years later, SDF has recorded a record number of operations in all states of Nigeria, helping the people of the country to achieve a better life.
Through its charter, SDF provides relief to the poor and needy as well as victims of natural and man-made disasters. However, the SDF’s involvement goes beyond providing aid. It seeks permanent solutions to the problems of poverty, disease, hunger, ignorance and social and political problems. This is where his contribution to learning through the creation of Adeleke College proves to be important. The mission of the SDF is “to create a suitable physical and social system that can be supported by the least of every individual/group that is desired to build a sustainable and good life.” In this, the SDF emphasized on some cardinal areas such as community development, educational services development, skill development, health services development, welfare and humanitarian services. To fulfill its mission of educational work, Adeleke colleges was established. The College is SDF’s response to the awareness that education is the foundation of development.
Adeleke College of Nursing Osun State was established in 1996 to train nurses and midwives. The college is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
The college offers a 3-year basic general nursing program leading to the award of Registered Nurse (RN) and a 2-year post-basic midwifery program leading to the award of Registered Midwife (RM). To gain admission into the college, you must obtain 5 credits at not more than two sittings in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in WASSCE/NECO/or its equivalent.
Upon completion of the nursing program, graduates are eligible to take the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria professional examinations to become registered nurses. Graduates of the midwifery program are eligible to take the council’s midwifery examination to become registered midwives.
Adekunle College of Nursing aims to produce highly skilled and competent nurses and midwives to meet the health needs of citizens. If you aspire to become a nurse or midwife, Adekunle College of Nursing Osun State provides accredited training programs to launch your career.
The tuition fees for Adeleke College of Nursing are approximately ₦200,000 per academic year for Nursing. Additional fees for accommodation, health insurance, caution, and acceptance are around ₦150,000. Students are advised to budget at least ₦350,000 to ₦400,000 per academic year to cover all necessary expenses.
- Pediatric Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nursing Ethics and Jurisprudence
- Communication and Information Technology Skills
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing
- medical-surgical nursing
- community health nursing
To be admitted into Adeleke College Of Nursing, candidates must:
- Have at least five credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at not more than two sittings in WASCE/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Must have sat for and passed the relevant subjects at the qualifying exams.
- Must have scored at least 50% in English Language and 60% in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Candidate must purchase and complete the admission form either online or in person at the college.
- All candidates must pass the pre-admission screening test. The screening test will comprise of written essays and a selection interview.
- Successful candidates must present their academic credentials for screening within 90 days of purchase of admission form. Failure to present credentials within stipulated timeline may lead to disqualification.
- Candidate’s credentials will be verified accordingly. Candidates with questionable results will be disqualified.
Meeting these admission criteria is essential to gaining entry into the prestigious Adeleke College Of Nursing.
In summary, Adeleke College Of Nursing Osun State offers affordable and accredited nursing programs for those looking to start or advance their career in nursing. With over 40 years of experience training nurses, the college is well-equipped to provide students with the knowledge and skills to become competent and caring nurses. For those seeking an affordable option to become an RN, enroll in a BSc Nursing degree or one of the diploma nursing programs. With the increasing demand for healthcare professionals, a nursing career can provide job security and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact. Consider Adeleke College Of Nursing Osun State for an affordable, accredited nursing education.
Originally posted 2023-10-25 08:15:04.