Havilla University, Nde-Ikom (HUNI), in Ikom Local Government Area, is the first university, private or public, in the Central and Northern Senatorial District of Cross River State, in Nigeria. Havila University was founded by Hon. Evan. Jones Ayuk Ojong Tangban, Chancellor, and his wife, Mrs. Blessing Tangban, as CEO of SteadyFlow Group of Schools. Havilla University was awarded on April 8, 2021 by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
The revelation of the University to the world took place on November 6, 2021. Havilla University known as HUNI is situated on 228 hectares of land at km 15 of the Ikom-Ogoja road in Nde, Ikom. HUNI is 215 km from Calabar and 84 km from Ogoja, all in Cross River State; 100km from Abakiliki in Ebonyi State; 160km from Enugu, Enugu State; 200km from Makurdi and 120km from Gboko, all in Benue State; and 28 kilometers from the Republic of Cameroon. HUNI is prepared to bring a dynamic teaching, learning and research process in a calm environment supported by modern facilities, equipment and facilities to help in the development of graduates who will compete in the world in their content.
and their characters. The main principles of our good company are established in the foundation of knowledge and teaching and learning of students, participating communities, the balance between stability and change and global needs; these are the foundations on which our exceptional students depend. Havilla University has four faculties, including: Faculty of Computer and Science; Faculty of Management and Social Sciences; Faculty of Law and Faculty of Health Sciences, with 16 programs approved by NUC.
Objectives of Havilla School Of Nursing
- To promote the advancement of knowledge and to provide all people without distinction of race, creed, sex or political opinion the opportunity of access to high and liberal education;
- To provide places of instruction and other facilities for the advancement of learning in all its branches, and to make such institutions available in a manner suitable to those who are equipped to benefit from them;
- To promote and promote scholarship and research in all areas of learning and human endeavor;
- Improve educational programs to meet changing social and economic needs through continuous curriculum research and development of new programs through structural changes of programs to respond to social and technological changes;
- Create and expand educational opportunities, attract and retain excellent students, researchers and teachers, thereby contributing to the development of human capital and reducing the brain drain currently affecting Nigeria;
- Appreciate and inspire interest in the cultural heritage of Africa in the region and relate its work to the social and economic needs of Nigerians and the world;
- Carry out important and applied research leading to the domestication and application of new technologies in the Nigerian region through collaboration with academic institutions and other research institutions in Africa and the rest of the world;
- Create a center for entrepreneurship studies to stimulate the employ ability and innovation of students from the beginning of their studies, so that graduates are skilled, self-reliant and create jobs; And
- Carry out other activities related to teaching, research and community service, as would be expected at a top university.
To prepare compassionate and skilled nurses, Havila School of Nursing offers programs ranging from certificates to bachelor’s degrees.
- mental health nursing
- community health nursing
- research methods in nursing
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Havila School of Nursing’s four-year BSN program produces highly trained registered nurses equipped to take on greater responsibility. Students explore advanced topics like leadership and management, nursing informatics, and evidence-based practice. The program also emphasizes research and critical thinking skills to prepare students for graduate study. BSN graduates can pursue roles such as clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, and nurse managers.
With a comprehensive range of nursing programs, Havila School of Nursing provides the education and experience students need to enter this rewarding field. By meeting the high standards set by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Havila nursing school graduates are ready to become licensed and make a meaningful contribution to healthcare.
School Fees at Havila School of Nursing
The tuition fee for freshers (new students) at Havilla University for the 2023/2024 academic session is N2,500,000. This fee includes admission fees, department fees and faculty fees.
while the tuition and fees at Havila School of Nursing are reasonable relative to other nursing programs, paying for higher education can still be challenging. By providing federal financial aid, scholarships, grants and student loans, the school aims to make a nursing education accessible and affordable for motivated students from all backgrounds. With the right combination of funding options, obtaining a nursing degree from Havila School of Nursing can absolutely be within your financial means.
To gain admission into the Havilah School of Nursing, you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must have completed secondary school education with passes in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Equivalent qualifications like ‘O’ level credits in the West African Examination Council (WAEC) in the required subjects are also acceptable.
- Applicants must be up to the ages of 17
- Applicants must have a minimum of five credits in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or National Examination Council (NECO) which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings.
- Applicants must have a minimum of upper credit in National Diploma (ND) or National Certificate in Education (NCE) in Science-based courses for Direct Entry applicants.
- Applicants must pass an entrance exam and interview. The entrance exam tests your knowledge and grasp of basic sciences and English.
- Applicants must be medically fit. All applicants are required to undergo medical screening and obtain a medical certificate of fitness from a government hospital.
Meeting these admission requirements does not guarantee an offer of admission. Preference is given to applicants with higher qualifications and scores. The number of available spaces is also a determining factor.
In summary, Havila School of Nursing offers a wide range of nursing and midwifery programs at affordable rates for students in Ghana and beyond. With a highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, Havila provides students a conducive learning environment to gain the knowledge and skills to advance their careers. For those aspiring to become nurses or midwives, Havila School of Nursing provides high-quality education and training to equip you with the competence and expertise to serve communities with the care and compassion this noble profession demands. The school’s flexible enrollment options, reasonable fees, and career support services make Havila an excellent place to launch your nursing career.
Originally posted 2023-10-26 08:48:11.