Overview of Medical Programs at Covenant University
Covenant University offers several medical and health-related degree programs for students interested in a career helping others. Whether you want to provide direct patient care or work behind the scenes, there are opportunities to pursue.
1. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
This six-year program prepares students to become physicians. You’ll study areas like anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, and pharmacology. After completing an internship, you can become a licensed doctor.
2. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)
Over four years, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to work as a registered nurse. The program focuses on nursing theories, ethics, research, and practical experience. Graduates can find work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and community health centers.
3. Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.Physio)
This four-year degree program teaches students how to help patients regain movement and mobility. Coursework covers areas such as therapeutic exercise, electrotherapy, and musculoskeletal rehabilitation. Graduates are prepared to become licensed physiotherapists.
4. Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
If you prefer working behind the scenes, consider this four-year program. You’ll learn how to properly collect, handle, and analyze bodily fluid and tissue samples to assist physicians in diagnosis and treatment. Graduates typically find work as medical laboratory scientists or technologists.
Covenant University aims to train compassionate and skilled health professionals. Their medical and health-related programs provide a strong educational foundation and opportunities for practical experience. If you’re looking to start a career helping others through medicine or healthcare, Covenant University is an excellent place to pursue your goals.
Medical Courses Offered in covenant university
Covenant University offers several medical and health-related programs for students interested in careers as doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and more.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Covenant University’s MBBS program provides students with a broad education in both the art and science of medicine. Over 6 years of study, you’ll learn skills like diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. After completing the program and a one-year internship, you’ll be ready to start your career as a doctor.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Nursing
The 4-year B.Sc. in Nursing program prepares students to become registered nurses (RNs). You’ll gain knowledge in areas such as health assessment, pharmacology, community health nursing, and research methods. Graduates can work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and community health centers.
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
The PharmD program provides comprehensive training in pharmacy practice. Over 6 years of study, you’ll learn about topics such as pharmaceutics, pharmacology, pharmacotherapy, and pharmacy administration. After completing a one-year internship, you’ll be equipped to work as a pharmacist in a variety of settings like retail pharmacies, hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T.)
The B.P.T. program provides the skills and knowledge to become a physiotherapist. Over 4 years, you’ll study areas such as therapeutic exercise, electrotherapy, biomechanics, and research methodology. Graduates can work with people of all ages to help restore movement and physical function lost due to injury, illness, or disability.
Covenant University offers high-quality medical and health programs to prepare students for rewarding careers helping others. The programs provide both theoretical knowledge as well as practical experience through interactions with patients and professionals in the field.
FAQs About Studying Medicine at Covenant University
Have questions about studying medicine at Covenant University? Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and answers:
1. What medical programs are offered?
Covenant University offers the following medical programs:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.Physio)
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
2. What are the entry requirements?
To study medicine at Covenant University, you’ll need:
- At least 5 credits in Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in SSCE/WASC/NECO/GCE or other equivalent exams.
- Pass the Covenant University Post UTME screening exercise.
- Meet the cutoff mark for medicine which is usually quite high.
3. How much does it cost?
Tuition fees for medical programs at Covenant University range from ₦350,000 to ₦800,000 per session depending on your program of study. The fees cover registration, accommodation, feeding and other expenses.
4. What’s the application process?
To apply for any medical program at Covenant University:
- Meet the minimum entry requirements listed above.
- Apply on the Covenant University admission portal when applications open.
- Sit for the Post UTME exam. Candidates that pass the exam will be invited for an interview.
- Successful candidates will receive an admission offer and asked to pay an acceptance fee to secure admission.
5. What careers can I pursue after graduating?
After completing your medical degree at Covenant University, you’ll have many promising career options such as:
• Medical doctor – In hospitals, clinics or private practice. • Nurse – In hospitals, clinics, schools or private nursing homes.
• Physiotherapist – Helping patients recover from injuries and illnesses.
• Medical Lab Scientist – Conducting tests to diagnose and treat health issues.