As you explore various nursing programs to launch your career, it is important to consider both the curriculum and costs to find the right fit for your needs and budget. NKST Hospital School of Nursing in Makurdi, Benue State offers aspiring nurses an excellent option for accredited training and education. The school provides a 3-year diploma program in nursing with both general nursing and midwifery tracks. Students learn through a combination of classroom courses as well as practical experience in the NKST hospital and community. While the fees for the nursing program may be higher than some other schools, the quality of instruction, hands-on learning opportunities, and job placement rates after completion of the program are exceptional. For those looking to enter the nursing field, the NKST Hospital School of Nursing deserves strong consideration.
NKST Hospital School of Nursing, Makurdi, located in Benue state, offers aspiring nurses the opportunity to earn a diploma in nursing. The school has been training nurses since 1957 and is affiliated with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
The three-year nursing program at NKST Hospital School of Nursing, Makurdi leads to registration as a Registered Nurse (RN). Students take courses in areas such as anatomy, physiology, microbiology, psychology, and nursing skills. Clinical experiences are also required at the NKST Hospital and other healthcare facilities. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to take the licensing examination to become registered nurses.
To be admitted into NKST Hospital School of Nursing, Makurdi, applicants must:
- Possess 5 credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology at not more than two sittings in SSCE/WASC, NECO or NABTEB.
- Pass an entrance exam and interview.
- Be certified medically fit.
School Fees at NKST
To enroll in the NKST Hospital School of Nursing in Makurdi, Benue state, students are required to pay certain school fees and dues. The fees cover tuition for all courses in the three-year program leading to a Diploma in Nursing. all new students must pay an acceptance and accommodation fee of N50,000. This non-refundable fee secures your enrollment and hostel accommodation for the first semester.
In addition, students pay N150,000 per annum for tuition, N30,000 for accommodation, N15,000 for feeding, and N10,000 for medical care. Students are also responsible for purchasing textbooks, uniforms, and any other learning materials required. Total fees are approximately N260,000 per year.
Fees can be paid in full at the beginning of the year or in two installments at the beginning of each semester. Fees must be paid before students can attend classes or residence in the hostel. Failure to pay fees on time will result in penalties. Some funding and scholarships are available for students with financial difficulties.
In summary, to study Nursing at NKST Hospital School of Nursing in Makurdi, students can expect to pay between N250,000 to N300,000 per year to cover tuition, accommodation, feeding and medical care. With additional costs for books and uniforms, total fees are around N300,000 annually.
The nursing program at NKST Hospital School of Nursing, Makurdi offers the following courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology: The study of the structure and function of the human body. Students explore the skeletal, muscular, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, urinary, nervous, endocrine, reproductive, and integumentary systems.
- Fundamentals of Nursing: Introduces students to the nursing profession, including nursing history, standards of care, patient safety and assessment. Students learn skills such as bed making, bathing patients, taking vital signs and assisting with feeding and ambulation.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing: Focuses on the care of adult patients with medical conditions or who are recovering from surgery. Students learn about common diseases and disorders such as diabetes, heart disease and orthopedic issues. They also learn skills such as wound care, IV insertion and medication administration.
- Pediatric Nursing: Concentrates on the care of children from infancy through adolescence. Students learn about childhood diseases, developmental stages, and skills such as baby bathing, diapering and administering oral medications to children.
Obstetric and Gynecologic Nursing: Emphasizes the care of women during pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. Students study female reproductive anatomy, fertility and common gynecological disorders. They learn skills such as assisting with labor and delivery, post-delivery care of the mother and newborn, and breastfeeding support.
Upon successful completion of the program, students are awarded a Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Registered Nurse Certificate and are eligible to become registered nurses.
As you have seen, the NKST Hospital School of Nursing in Makurdi offers high-quality nursing education and training at an affordable cost. Their programs are accredited and designed to prepare you for a successful career as a nurse. Whether you enroll in their 3-year nursing program or 2-year post-basic program, you will gain the knowledge and skills needed to provide compassionate care to patients. The reasonable fees cover all required courses and resources to support your learning. If you are looking to become a nurse and make a meaningful impact, the NKST Hospital School of Nursing deserves your consideration. Their time-tested programs can launch you into a fulfilling career serving the health needs of communities in Nigeria.
Originally posted 2023-10-22 19:05:17.