Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, commonly known as OAUTHC, is a renowned medical institution located in Osun State, Nigeria. Established in 1967, OAUTHC is affiliated with Obafemi Awolowo University, one of Nigeria’s top universities. The hospital has a rich history and has played a significant role in providing quality healthcare services, training medical professionals, and conducting research.
The Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Clinics Complex, Ile Ife is one of the Federal Educating Hospitals completely funded by the Government Government of Nigeria. It was formerly known as the Ife University Teaching Hospitals Complex until its title was changed in 1987 to Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Clinic Complex in respect of one of the greatest statesmen Nigeria has created, following the passing of the sage in 1987.
History and background of Obafemi Awolowo University
OAU Teaching Hospital has a fascinating history that dates back to its inception in 1967. The hospital was initially known as the University College Hospital, Ile-Ife, and was affiliated with the University of Ibadan. However, in 1975, it became an independent institution under the name Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital.
Over the years, OAU Teaching Hospital has grown in reputation and size. It has become a leading healthcare facility in Nigeria, providing specialized medical services to patients from all over the country. The hospital is known for its commitment to excellence in patient care, medical education, and research.
Departments and Specialties at Obafemi Awolowo University
OAU Teaching Hospital boasts a wide range of departments and specialties, each dedicated to delivering specialized medical care. These departments include but are not limited to:
- Department of Medicine: Specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of various medical conditions, including internal medicine, cardiology, nephrology, and endocrinology.
- Department of Surgery: Offers surgical services across different specialties, such as general surgery, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, and plastic surgery.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Provides comprehensive care for women’s reproductive health, including prenatal care, childbirth, and gynecological surgeries.
- Department of Pediatrics: Focuses on the health and well-being of infants, children, and adolescents, offering specialized pediatric care and treatment.
- Department of Radiology: Utilizes advanced imaging techniques to diagnose and treat various medical conditions, including X-rays, CT scans, MRI scans, and ultrasound.
List of courses offered at OAU Teaching Hospital
OAU Teaching Hospital offers a wide range of courses and training programs to aspiring medical professionals. These courses are designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in their respective fields. Some of the courses offered at OAU Teaching Hospital include:
- Medical Laboratory Science
Visit the school website for more details concerning the courses offered
OAU Teaching Hospital Admission Requirement
- Applicants must possess WAEC, SSCE/GCE or NECO, SSCE/GCE with five (5) credits (at not more than two sittings) in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Read: Can I use the NABTEB Result for Nursing Admission? See Answer!
- Applicants should be at least sixteen (16) years old on admission.
JAMB UTME Requirements for OAUTHC School of Nursing
Applicant(s) are advised to get the year 2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) shape and sit for the examination, so as to enable effective candidates to regularize their admission status with Support as before long as they are admitted into the OAUTHC Schools of Nursing.
Applicant(s) are exhorted to select OAUTHC School of Nursing, Ile-Ife as their to begin with choice of institution.
It is obligatory for the interested applicant(s) to enroll for these four (4) courses in their UTME shape online, namely:
– English language, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
Candidates must have scored not less than 180 in the UTME as the school cut-off stamp
OAU Teaching Hospital school fees
The school fees at OAU Teaching Hospital vary depending on the course or program in which the student is enrolled.
School of Nursing school OAUTH Ile-Ife school fees for freshly conceded nursing students for 2024/2025 scholarly session is estimated to be between 220,000 to 275,000 Naira per session.
Please note that this is often barring other expenses like lodging accommodation charge, acceptance charge and other related exact
Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital has established itself as a leading healthcare institution in Nigeria, providing excellent medical services, training, and research opportunities. With its rich history, diverse departments, and comprehensive courses, OAU Teaching Hospital continues to play a vital role in the advancement of medical education and healthcare delivery in the country.
Looking ahead, OAU Teaching Hospital aims to further expand its facilities, enhance its research capabilities, and continue to provide high-quality healthcare services to the community. With a commitment to excellence, OAU Teaching Hospital is poised to contribute to the betterment of healthcare in Nigeria and beyond.
Originally posted 2023-08-27 10:32:29.