So, you want to become a nurse and are thinking about where to get your training? Sacred Heart School of Nursing, Lantoro in Abeokuta, Nigeria is a goal choice. With a long history of excellence in nursing education, this school has a lot to offer aspiring nurses like you.
In this article, we’ll give you an inside look at the nursing programs, faculty, campus life, and distinguished alumni that make Lantoro the top choice for nursing education in the region.
Whether you’re just starting to explore options or getting ready to apply, you’ll learn everything you need to decide if the excellent Lantoro School of Nursing should be your next step on the path to an rewarding nursing career.
Sacred Heart School of Nursing, Lantoro School Fees
The fees at Lantoro School of Nursing can appear high compared to other nursing schools in Nigeria. However, there are good reasons for this.
The School fees is said to be around #150,000 to #200,000 per session
The fees cover far more than just tuition. Lantoro provides all textbooks, uniforms, a tablet, and medical supplies like stethoscopes to students. There are also no hidden charges – the fees are all-inclusive.
Lantoro works with students and offers flexible payment plans to ease the financial burden. Payments can be made in installments over the course of the program. Scholarships are also available in certain cases.
The education and hands-on clinical training at Lantoro is exceptional and equips students to become first-rate nurses ready to excel in their careers. The fees ensure the school can provide state-of-the-art simulation labs, technologies, and instruction.
Return on Investment
While the fees may seem high, earning a nursing degree from Lantoro leads to well-paying job opportunities globally. Graduates are able to quickly recover costs and enjoy an excellent return on investment over their lifetime career earnings.
Lantoro aims to develop top nursing talent in Nigeria. That requires investments in infrastructure and faculty. The fees, while not inexpensive, are carefully set to enable an unmatched, world-class nursing education experience. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
Sacred Heart School of Nursing, Lantoro Cut off mark
To gain admission into the Lantoro School of Nursing Abeokuta, you will need to meet the cut off mark set each year by the school’s admission board. This mark varies from year to year based on the number of applicants and available spaces in the program.
- For the 2024/2025 academic year, the cut off mark was set at 180 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). This means you need to score at least 180 out of 400 in your UTME to be considered for admission.
- The admission board also considers your UTME subject combination and performance in relevant subjects like biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics. Applicants are expected to have credit passes (minimum of C6) in these subjects in their West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalent.
- Meeting the set cut off mark does not guarantee admission. The number of available spaces and performance of all applicants determines selection.
- If your UTME score is lower than the cut off mark, you may consider rewriting the exam in the next admission cycle to improve your chances. You can also apply to similar institutions with lower cut off marks.
As the Lantoro School of Nursing continues to gain prestige nationally and produce exceptional nursing graduates, the cut off mark is expected to increase incrementally. We advise all interested applicants to aim higher to improve their prospects for admission.
Entry Form At Sacred Heart School of Nursing
The Lantoro School of Nursing takes pride in selecting exceptional candidates who demonstrate academic excellence and a passion for nursing.
When completing the entry form, make sure to highlight your relevant experience, education, skills, and motivation for becoming a nurse.
- Provide your full legal name, date of birth, gender, nationality, home address, phone number and email address.
- List an emergency contact with name, relationship to you, and phone number.
- Detail your secondary/high school education with school(s) attended and final grades or exam results.
- List any college, university or prior nursing program details including school name, program of study, years attended, and any certificate, diploma or degree earned.
- Highlight academic achievements like honors, awards, scholarships and include your GPA if above 3.0.
- Note any healthcare work experience such as hospital volunteering, nursing assistant jobs or similar. Include organization, position title, employment dates and duties performed.
- Share relevant volunteering, leadership roles, club memberships or community activities.
- In 2-3 paragraphs, explain why you want to be a nurse and attend Lantoro School of Nursing. Share life experiences that sparked your interest and demonstrate your commitment to nursing values like compassion, dedication, integrity and teamwork.
Following these tips will help make a stellar first impression and show the admissions committee why you have what it takes to excel at Lantoro School of Nursing. Best of luck with your application
Frequently asked questions and answers About Sacred Heart School of Nursing
Have some burning questions about the Lantoro School of Nursing Abeokuta? Here are answers to some of the most common queries we receive.
1. What types of nursing programs do you offer?
We offer a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program as well as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program. The BSN program is a four year course of study while the LPN program takes about one year. Both prepare students for careers in the nursing profession.
2. What is the admissions process?
The admissions process involves submitting an application, official transcripts, letters of recommendation, and taking an entrance exam. We have rolling admissions, so there is no strict application deadline. Qualified applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis as space permits.
3. Is financial assistance available?
Yes, we offer scholarships, grants, and federal student loans to help make nursing school more affordable. Over 90% of our students receive some form of financial aid. Check our website or speak to an admissions counselor for specifics.
4. Where do students do their clinical rotations?
Thanks to partnerships with major hospitals and clinics in the area, our students are able to gain hands-on experience across a variety of healthcare settings. These include government hospitals, private specialty practices, community health centers, and more.
5. What is the career outlook for nurses?
The nursing field is one of the fastest growing professions in Nigeria and worldwide. Our graduates enjoy excellent job prospects thanks to the high demand for qualified nurses. Many secure employment even before completing the program or passing the nursing board exams.