Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing is a prestigious institution located in Nigeria that offers high-quality nursing education and training. Named after the first President of Nigeria, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, the school is renowned for its commitment to producing well-rounded and compassionate nurses who are equipped with the skills necessary to provide excellent healthcare services.
Established with the aim of meeting the growing demand for qualified nurses in Nigeria and beyond, Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing has a rich history of excellence in nursing education. The school boasts state-of-the-art facilities, experienced faculty members, and a comprehensive curriculum that prepares students for a successful career in nursing.
Nnamdi Azikiwe University was founded on the philosophy that knowledge should be disseminated and shared among individuals without restriction or restriction. Teaching and research will be focused on the needs of Nigeria and the world at large. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, who named the university, is prominent in the history of university education in Nigeria and Africa in general. In achieving its mission, the University will live up to the ideals of the famous ruler, by making university education fair and using it to promote unity among communities. diversity of Nigeria and the world. Nnamdi Azikiwe University was born as a branch of Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH). ASUTECH, established by Act No. 7 of July 30, 1980 by the old Anambra government, operated as a multi-campus university, with campuses in Abakiliki, Enugu, Awka and Nnewi.
Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing offers a wide range of courses that cover various aspects of nursing practice and healthcare. These courses are designed to provide students with a strong foundation in nursing theory and practical skills. Some of the courses offered at Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing include:
- Nursing Fundamentals: This course introduces students to the fundamental principles and concepts of nursing. Students learn about the role of a nurse, ethical considerations in healthcare, and basic nursing skills.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing: This course focuses on the care of patients with medical and surgical conditions. Students learn about the assessment, diagnosis, and management of common medical and surgical conditions, as well as the provision of holistic care.
- Pediatric Nursing: This course is dedicated to the care of infants, children, and adolescents. It covers topics such as growth and development, common pediatric illnesses, and family-centered care.
- Mental Health Nursing: This course explores the field of psychiatric nursing and the care of individuals with mental health disorders. Students learn about therapeutic communication, psychopharmacology, and crisis intervention.
These are just a few examples of the courses offered at Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing. The school ensures that its curriculum is comprehensive and up-to-date, reflecting the latest advancements in nursing practice.
Attending Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing is an investment in your future as a nurse. The school offers a comprehensive and rigorous nursing program, and as such, there are school fees associated with the program. The fees for the School of Nursing range from 150,000 to 200,000 Naira for fresh student nurses, excluding acceptance fees
The exact amount of the school fees may vary depending on the specific program you choose and any additional fees that may apply. It is important to note that the school fees are subject to change, and it is advisable to contact the school directly for the most up-to-date information regarding the fees.
Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing understands the financial challenges that students may face and strives to provide financial assistance options to eligible students. Scholarships, grants, and other forms of financial aid may be available to help offset the cost of tuition and other expenses. It is recommended that students explore these options and apply for any applicable scholarships or financial aid programs.
Admission requirements for Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing
To gain admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing, prospective students must meet certain requirements. These requirements are carefully designed to ensure that only the most qualified individuals are admitted into the program. Some of the admission requirements for Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing include:
- Educational Qualifications: Applicants must have a minimum of five credits in subjects such as English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics in their West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalent.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be at least 17 years old at the time of application.
- Entrance Examination: Prospective students are required to sit for an entrance examination conducted by the school. The examination assesses the candidate’s knowledge in subjects related to science and general knowledge
Meeting these requirements is the first step towards joining the esteemed community of students at Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing.
Scholarships and financial aid options
Nnamdi Azikiwe School of Nursing recognizes the importance of making quality education accessible to all qualified students, regardless of their financial background. To support this mission, the school offers scholarships and financial aid options to eligible students. Scholarships are awarded based on various criteria, including academic merit, leadership potential, and financial need.
Originally posted 2023-11-01 11:48:35.